School Administrator: to support our business manager and SENDcos
Start Date: 1st September or sooner
Job description: School Administrator
Pay Range: Unified Reward L2 (term time only + 2 days) (£25,212- £26,472 FTE)
Hours: 32¼ hrs/ week. 8.30-4pm daily (flexible start and finish times can be discussed)
At Moss Hall Schools Federation, our aim is for every child to thrive. We value kindness and hard work so that we all make a positive difference in our school and community. You will be joining a federation of 2 schools, Moss Hall Infant and Moss Hall Junior Schools who serve our inclusive and diverse West Finchley community.
This is a new role in our Federation with varied responsibilities. It will include supporting the Business Manager with all aspects of safer recruitment and staff support. The role will also include direct administration support for the Special Educational needs co-ordinators and the pastoral team. This part of the role will include liaison with parents and carers, staff and external professionals showing empathy, confidentiality and efficiency. Ideally you will have an understanding of the SEND Code of Practice or if not a curiosity and eagerness to learn.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Has experience working as an administrator in a school or similar environment
- Is someone who shows initiative, a positive, “can-do” attitude with the ability to proactively problem solve and prioritise workload efficiently
- Is a team player able to make an impact and contribute to the team ethos across our 2 schools.
- Is curious to learn in the role and develop their career.
We offer the successful candidate:
- A varied role that will provide opportunity to build a range of skills and knowledge.
- The chance to work in a friendly, ambitious environment, where we all want the best for our children and community
- The chance to be creative and put your experience and skills towards creating new systems and processes for our federation and community
- Full induction and ongoing training and support
- Enrolment to a generous pension scheme
This post holder serves both our school communities and will work across the sites. For more information including the application pack visit our website www.mosshall.school
Moss Hall Schools Federation and its staff are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children. The School is registered with the DBS and successful applicants will be required to successfully complete the Disclosure procedure at the Enhanced level. It is an offence for any person barred from working with children to apply for this post.
The School’s Application Form will only be accepted from candidates who have completed this form in full. CV’s will not be accepted as a substitute.
In addition to completing an application form, all applicants will be required to complete a criminal records self-declaration form. Please note you are not required to disclose convictions or cautions that are ‘protected’, as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If you have a conviction and are not sure whether is it ‘protected’, please visit the Gov.UK link below:
The safeguarding responsibilities of this post have been outlined in the job description and person specification.
Moss Hall Schools Federation is committed to Equal Opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We strongly recommend that you visit the federation prior to applying. To do so or if you have any queries, please contact our Federation Business Manager, Toral Patel on 0208 445 7659?
We are ideally located and within walking distance of West Finchley underground station and popular bus routes. There is free off-street parking nearby.
We strongly recommend that you visit the federation prior to applying. To make an appointment or if you have any queries, please contact Toral Patel email@example.com
Completed application forms should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 9.00am on Wednesday 7th June
Shortlisting: 7th June
Selection tasks and interview dates: Week beginning 12th June
The advert will run continuously until an appointment is made. The school reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the date advertised, so early application is advised.